Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Turmeric and neuropathy

Can this spice help you heal?

Amplify’d from www.altmeds.com

Turmeric

Turmeric to combat neuropathy pain

I read that turmeric might help relieve the pain of my fibromyalgia, so I started taking three capsules every day. While it helped my fibromyalgia pain a little, I found that it almost completely resolved the neuropathy in my feet! I could feel a substantial difference after two weeks. The same regimen worked for my sister, whose neuropathy pain was was worse than mine before turmeric. After two weeks of turmeric supplements, she is almost pain free.

 

Neuropathy is caused by nerve damage and can include symptoms of numbness, pain, or a tingling sensation, most often in feet but sometimes also in hands. Conventional medicine has little to offer patients with neuropathy, a condition that often surfaces in diabetics or other people with compromised circulation. Asian doctors have long used turmeric to treat nerve pain. The bright yellow spice is an anti-inflammatory.

Read more at www.altmeds.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment